The R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone for aggressive and reactive dogs.
(Realizing Excellence With Attention Redirection and Desensitization)
For owners, having a reactive or aggressive dog is disappointing, frustrating, and sometimes quite frightening. All they want to do is have their dog be a happy functioning family member, yet figuring out how to make that happen is quite overwhelming.
Trainers running aggressive dog classes are growing in popularity. While that’s great news for owners looking for solutions, it’s also a disaster waiting to happen, as many trainers who run these classes are not qualified to do so.
Nows your chance to avoid the latter, save lives and families, and make a real difference. The R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone is about building a strong positive relationship by incorporating dozens of alternate behaviors incompatible with current aggressive behaviors.
The R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone program focuses on:
- Establishing foundation behaviors,
- Learning to shape new behaviors,
- Reading your dog’s body language properly,
- Learning to interpret your environment, quickly and effectively,
- Teaching you to set up safe and successful sessions,
- Erecting a line of communication from both sides of the leash,
- Learning how to properly set, raise or lower criteria,
- Teaching you to be a more effective owner and trainer overall,
- Applying the counterconditioning and desensitization process properly
Finally there is a seminar that will provide you with relevant, stimulating and fun skills as part of the behavior modification process and learning how to transfer these skills to real life. Formal concepts are explained in an easy to understand and applicable format for every learner. Trainers – Youll even learn how to set up sessions for your own students! Allowing you to make a difference the very next day.
This seminar is a working seminar for aggressive or reactive dogs. There will be a minimum of two sessions per day with the dogs, working on individual and group problems. In addition to the working sessions, there will be classroom time, discussing foundation behaviors, calming signals, background information on aggression, management and how to live with an aggressive dog. If there is time, we will do other things as well (depending on the weather and availability), such as tracking, group trail walking, swimming for both dogs and people and more.
Who should come?:
- Trainers of all levels
- Anyone in any dog related field that wants to learn more about aggression
8 max working teams, unlimited auditors . There are prerequisites for working teams. When not working, dogs MUST be in their vehicle, in a crate. I will NOT bend on this point. There are plenty of ways to keep the dogs cool.
This is a three day seminar. Ceu’s available.
Contact Pam for pricing.