Cleaning Up Your Act; the fussy & meticulous behaviors needed for competition obedience/rally – Part 1
Next session begins Dec 4, 2020
- Are you having problems with bumping, lagging, forging, loss of attention in the ring?
- Does your dog not drop or creep on the drop on recall?
- Are you stuck on teaching the go-out?
- Does your dog go wide on turns?
- Do you sometimes “lump” behaviors instead of “splitting” them?
- Do you sometimes run into snags where your dog seems to understand a behavior and then all a sudden, it’s as if you’re speaking a foreign language?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the “Cleaning Up Your Act” ONLINE class is for you!
Cleaning Up Your Act Part One is for those dogs and handlers that have some basic experience in competition obedience/rally, such as heeling, turns, etc.,and want to step it up a notch and clean up their performances. Each of the behaviors are taught in easy to teach and understand “snippets,” so that both you and your dog can be successful.
Think your breed of dog can’t do competition? In this course, you’ll see many different breeds with different skill levels – Border collie, Shetland Sheepdog, Chinese Crested, New Guinea Singing Dog, Puli, Australian Shepherds, Standard Poodle, Labrador Retriever, Shiba Inu and a Shiba Inu Mix. From a 10 year old dog to a 4 month old puppy.
So, all ages, breeds and skill levels are WELCOME!
This course will also discuss problem solving – how to recognize there’s an issue and some different ways of fixing it. Also discussed is the use of props – how to use them and how to fade them and how, if at all possible, to avoid them altogether.
I never train my own dogs or my students dogs just one level at a time, because I like to lay an early foundation on all behaviors. I train all levels of Competition obedience, rally and CDSP simultaneously. You’ll see that this course has some elements from all levels.
Part One includes:
• Going wide on heeling
• Drop on recall
• Heeling games
• Directed jumping • Go outs
• Kick back stand (without the kicking!)
• Variable reinforcement
• …and so much more!
How it works:
• There are 30 lessons, 34 video clips and I will be releasing a new lesson every other day for 60 days.
• The cost is $175.00. EVERYONE gets a working spot. i.e., you don’t have to pay more to get my one on one support, via posts or video clips.
• If you wish to purchase the video compilation, you may do so at any time during the class. The cost for the DVD (menu driven, 2 DVD set) is $32.00 plus shipping.