Pam Dennison – Owner
Pam Dennison, CDBC, CWRI is a member of the DWAA (Dog Writers Association of America) and is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant with the IAABC (International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants), member of The Pet Professional Guild, Truly Dog Friendly and former member of NADOI and Association of Professional Dog Trainers.
She has written for many local, national and international magazines on a myriad of topics. Many of her books and articles have won and been nominated over the years for special awards by the DWAA.
Pam started her own business, Positive Dogs, in 1996. Since then she has helped thousands of dogs and handlers build their relationships and solve problems, by teaching basic obedience through competition and working with a myriad of behavioral problems. Pam teaches puppy K, basic obedience through the Canine Good Citizen test, competition obedience, Rally-O and holds regular classes and seminars for aggressive dogs.
Pam is the author three books (currently in print):
- You Can Train Your Dog: Mastering the Art & Science of Modern Dog Training , Shadow Publishing WINNER of a Maxwell Award for Best Training Book!
- Bringing Light to Shadow; A Dog Training Diary, Dogwise Publishing
- How to Right a Dog Gone Wrong, The Roadmap for Rehabilitating Aggressive Dogs, Shadow Publishing
- The R.E.W.A.R.D Zone for Aggressive & Reactive Dogs, 3 DVD set – Shadow Publishing (nominated for Best Training DVD in 2014)
- The Magic of Shaping; Explore the Possibilities, Shadow Publishing (NEW Version)
- Training the Whistle Recall Shadow Publishing (winner of a Maxwell for Best Training DVD)
- Teach the Leash; Loose Leash Walking, Shadow Publishing
Five ONLINE classes:
- Managing the Multiple Dog Household, Part 1
- Managing the Multiple Dog Household, Part 2
- You Can train Your Dog! Mastering the Art & Science of Modern Dog Training
- Cleaning Up Your Act; The fussy and meticulous behaviors needed for competition obedience, rally, CDSP, Part 1
- Cleaning Up Your Act; The fussy and meticulous behaviors needed for competition obedience, rally, CDSP. Part 2
And Six Webinars presented through dog-ibox.com:
- Mine (aka Leave It)
- Loose Leash Walking
- Setting Up Your Own Aggressive Dog Classes
- Animal Husbandry; Helping to Create a Bomb Proof Dog
- Finding a Dog Trainer
- Finding a Reputable Rescue Group
She speaks on a myriad of topics, including positive training, competition, shaping, Rally obedience and aggression (R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone) across the country and abroad.
She currently lives with three rescued dogs (1 Border Collie and 2 Shetland Sheepdogs) and trains them all for competition. A few of her past successes include:
- She and her Sheltie Cody qualified and competed in the Eastern United States Dog Obedience Championships held in Bethlehem, PA in 1996.
- Cody was also in a Milkbone print ad.
- Her Border collie, Beau was in a Mack Truck print ad,
- Border collie Emma was in an Olympic Paint TV commercial and
- Beau and Pam were in the movie, I am Legend.
Pam competes successfully with all of her dogs in competition obedience and Rally (to date: 10 CD titles, six CDX, three UD’s, three ARCH’s, three ARCHX’s, two ARCHEX’s, three R1MCL, one RL1, one R2MCL and one R2CL, two RL3, with almost every leg in both sports being a placement), and agility, (o date: one NJC, two NAJ and two NA, all first placements) plus seven CGC certificates, one TDI and three TSW’s (Canine Water Sports) and she continues to train for competition obedience, treibball, and tracking.
Diane Thompson – Tracking and Nose Work Instructor
Diane Thompson fell in love with the sport of tracking with her Rottweilers over 30 years ago. She currently has two Border collies that she trains and competes with in herding, rally, tracking & nose work. Diane and her dogs have earned 8 TD’s, a Schutzhund 3 tracking title, and a TR 2 Schutzhund tracking title, 2 Rally Novice titles, 1 Herding Championship, 9 Herding Started, Intermediate and Advanced on both ducks and sheep, 1 Flyball Gold title, 5 CGC, 2 Master Barn Hunt and 1 ORT!
She competes in and has titled her dogs in Flyball, AKC obedience, rally, nose work and continues to actively compete with her Border collies in sheepherding in both AKC & USBCHA, Nose work, Barn Hunt and AKC Rally.
Diane has trained handlers and their dogs in Schutzhund & AKC tracking and is a former member of Garden State Barkway Flyball team and is a member of Bayshore Dog Club and the Lenape Tracking Club.
Positive Dogs is looking forward to having Diane join our team, teaching tracking and Nose work!