Become a Certified R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone Instructor (CRZI)!
Lately trainers running aggressive dog classes seem to be on the rise. This is good and bad. Good because people who own aggressive dogs have more options for working with their dogs than ever before. Bad because it means that aggression in dogs is on the rise. Good because more people are preferring to work with their dogs, rather than opting to euthanize, and bad because so many trainers who run classes are not qualified to do so, and often end up making the dog worse.
Becoming a Certified R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone Instructor will set you far above the rest!
- Improve your skills and gain extensive knowledge to help your clients achieve success
- Confidently handle and work with aggressive or reactive dogs in your classes
- Learn how proper planning, education and experience will provide you with the skills you need to effectively handle aggressive and reactive dogs.
The R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone Instructor Course is an in-depth program designed to take you through a proven system, so that you can become more effective when working with such dogs. We delve deep into learning theory, and into how, and perhaps why the problems started in the first place.
Take your business to the next level and join the R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone Instructor Course!
Level One is now scheduled!
Each Level builds on the previous one. You’ll learn not only rock solid teaching skills, which will “up your game” in your regular business, but our end goal is that you’ll be working successfully with aggressive and reactive dogs, using positive training methods only.
How will Becoming a Certified R.E.W.A.R.D. Zone Instructor benefit you?
- You’ll learn to establish foundation behaviors,
- Acquire the knowledge how to effectively shape new behaviors,
- Gain the understanding and “feel to reading dog body language properly,
- Become competent in interpreting your environment, quickly and effectively,
- Know how to set up safe and successful sessions,
- Erect a line of communication from both sides of the leash,
- Learn how to properly set, raise or lower criteria,
- Grow into a more effective trainer overall,
- Understanding how to apply the counterconditioning and desensitization process properly
- Decipher the causes of aggression, including the human factors
- Acquire the knowledge of how to break down behaviors into small approximations, always setting the dog up for success.
- Develop the ability to stay focused and concentrate under pressure.
- Learn positive training techniques and foundation behaviors.
You will be required to attend, in person, four, separate, week long seminars, each consisting of 5 consecutive days. Each Level will be held approximately 3-4 months apart, in my beautiful, brand new, 3600 sf facility in Washington, NJ.
My tentative schedule for all four levels would be March (Level 1), May (Level 2), August (Level 3) and November (Level 4) You do not have to complete the full course in one year – you can spread it out.
Level one Three different start dates:
Wednesday, March 20 and will end on Sunday, March 24, 2019, or
Wednesday May 15 and will end on Sunday, May 19, 2019 or
Wednesday August 21 and will end on Sunday, August 25, 2019
Bringing your own dog is encouraged and is strongly advised.
Hours – 9 am to 4 pm each day
Maximum number of teams: 10.
Minimum teams: 7
Cost for each of the four Levels is $1,250.00. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required to hold your spot.
For the March date, the balance is due March 1, 2019. For the May date, the balance is due May 1, for the August date, the balance is due August 1, 2019.
Hotels, travel, meals are not included. Snacks will be served.
Click REWARDZoneITCRegistration for registration form
You will learn a system that has a proven track record – 17 years of successful seminars and weekly classes with aggressive, reactive and shy dogs.
Each Level will have different requirements in terms of reading, homework, classroom work, tests and working with your own dogs. Part of those weekends will be observing me with the aggressive dogs I work with and part will be with YOU in charge.
What will be covered in Level One? This is just a small “taste” of what we’ll be covering:
Foundation behaviors – what they are, why you need them and how to train them.
Reading dog body language
Learning theories put into practice
Understanding the top half of the leash
Learning different protocols for each problem area
Learning theories put into practice
Turning life’s lessons into concrete strategies
What are you really seeing?
More learning theory put into practice
Developing a “feel”
Starting and ending sessions
Intake forms, intake calls
Cases to take and ones to not take on
“You’re in charge now”
CEU’s: for CPDT: 21 ceu’s per level and IAABC, ceu’s pending
Also required is video taping yourself teaching a few different things;
Competition, tricks or agility behaviors to a raw dog
Foundation behaviors to an aggressive dog – not directly – I want to see you
training the owner to train the dog.
If you’re interested in this upcoming program, please contact me.
Additional Benefits of being a CRZI:
You will be on my website for people looking for certified trainers in your area.
I will be able to then refer students to you.
Special yahoo or facebook list specifically for CRZI for continued support
20% discount on any books or DVDs from Shadow Publishing and any of my